Plastic manufacturing started in 1950 and today 70 years later, all of that plastic is still here on this earth, as nothing in nature can break it down. The plastic companies are now producing almost 300 million tons of plastic every year and half of it, is for single use like straws and plastic cling film that can’t be recycled. More than 8 million tons of plastic is dumped into our oceans every year, which then breaks down into micro-plastics and ends up in our fish and eventually on our plates. The ocean gives us 80% of our oxygen, thus each person needs to start looking into their everyday life, not only making healthier choices for themselves, but also for our beautiful environment.
Buzzy Wraps™ are the sustainable, natural alternative to plastic cling film and other single use plastic for food storage.
It is quality hand-crafted wax wraps that cling properly, don’t crack or crumble, and really do last. It is handmade with 100% organic cotton, beeswax, organic jojoba oil and tree resin.
You can wrap or cover a jam jar, bowls, cheese, sandwiches, picnic snacks, fruits and vegetables with it. The only food you can’t wrap are meat and fish.
- Use the warmth of your hands to soften the wrap and create a seal. When cool the wrap holds its shape.
- It can be re-used for up to 12 months and if it is no longer clingy, you can cut it up in pieces and throw it in your compost heap or use as firelighters.
- Easy to clean. Simply wash in cool water and place on drying rack.
The gift set has 3 different sized wraps, small (20cm x 20cm), medium (30cm x 30cm) and large (40cm x 35cm).
Also great as a gift for a birthday, wedding, kitchen tea or even Mother’s day.
Moving away from plastic and closer to nature, has never been easier!
We might not have words like “Earth”, “Nature” or “Enviro” in our name, but we think we are one of the most environmentally friendly skin care companies around. All consumption has an impact, but we make the best choices we can, with the environment in mind. Here are a few things we do to minimise our impact on the environment:
- Most of our creams are made in Queensland’s first carbon neutral facility that uses solar power and recycles its own water. Our packing boxes and brochures are made from recycled materials and are completely recyclable. We use non-laminated boxes for our packaging so they can be recycled too.
- Our bottles and tubes are recyclable – personal care products aren’t suited to recycled plastic but ours can be recycled.
- We do not offer refill pouches of our products as they are not easily recycled, therefore defeating the purpose of offering them.
- Instead of bubble wrap or those annoying Styrofoam balls, we reuse old cardboard that is put through a special shredding machine to safely pack our shop and customer orders.
- We use glucose and coconut based ingredients in our wash products because they break down into their natural components in the water system (silicone does not).
- Ingredients we don’t use because they are bad for the environment include SLS, silicones, Parabens, Palm Oil, and so many more your eyes would glaze over.
- Our warehouse and head office building is completely solar-powered.
- We choose natural oils that only come from sustainable farms.
- We are made in locally Australia, reducing our carbon footprint. Did you know 70% of Australia’s person care products arrives here on ships from overseas? Shop local!
Could we do it better? Probably, and we’re most definitely open to suggestions. If you have one, please let us know so we can improve.
What has Sevenpointfive Mindset been used for?
- Relieving depression, anxiety etc.
- Creating restful sleep patterns.
- Controlling alcohol and drug cravings.
- Controlling Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorder
- Improving concentration and memory.
What is in Sevenpointfive Mindset?
- ChromeMate – Chromium Polynicotinate is the most bioavailable form of chromium and is used to balance blood sugar by linking with insulin. ChromeMate’s patented
- oxygen-coordinated, chromium-niacin complex is the most potent of all — over 18 times more potent than any other form of niacin-bound chromium. ChromeMate is absorbed and retained by the body 300% more than picolinate.
- Coral Calcium Powder – Its alkalizing effect aids absorption of other ingredients.
- GABA – Gamma Aminobutyric Acid, is an amino acid classified as a neurotransmitter. Provides a natural calming effect. Prevents the nervous system overloading with anxiety messages.
- L-Glutamine – Amino acid, the building blocks of the body.
- L-Tyrosine – Amino acid, the building blocks of the body.
- Niacinamide – Maintains the nervous system.
- Valerian Root – Has a calming effect.
- L-OptiZinc – Zinc, like iron, copper and chromium, is one of 16 essential trace minerals the body needs to keep healthy and fit. Zinc is essential for growth and development, reproduction, digestion, respiration, and for proper brain, nerve, vision and immune function. L-OptiZinc is a unique, patented form of methionine-bound zinc that dramatically increases the bioavailability of zinc. Researchers have shown that L-OptiZinc is by far the most potent zinc antioxidant available as a dietary supplement
Introducing Vit C Shower Unit!
The 1st shower of its kind in South Africa!
A quick reminder on the benefits of the Vit C shower:
- 3 out of 10 kids under the age of 10 suffers from eczema.
- It was a very rare skin condition 30 years ago.
- Eczema has no real cause, and no real cure. All we know is that it is allergy related.
- To get to the cause of any allergy type problem, a process of elimination is followed.
- What is the 1 most constant daily activity we all do? We shower/bath!
- Do we know what is in our shower/bath water?
- Chlorine and ammonia is much needed chemicals in municipal water to make it user friendly
- The effect of chlorine and chloramines in our water is multi fold. Amongst others, it strips the skin and hair of its natural oils thus possibly resulting in over 20% of infants and children, and 3% of adults suffering from eczema type skin conditions.
- Your skin (our largest organ) absorbs substances while showering – typically 60% of the chlorine that most people absorb daily comes from showering/bathing in chlorinated water. It is absorbed through your skin, eyes and respiratory system.
- Municipal water also contains heavy metals and VOCs (Volatile organic compounds). Other chemicals include fluoride, pesticides, fertilizers, hormones, pharmaceutical drugs, petro chemicals, dioxins, radio-active materials and micro-organisms.
- These chemicals can all induce allergies i.e. respiratory or skin/scalp related as it changes the water to a very strong alkaline which strips the natural protective barrier of skin and hair.
- Ideally all these should be filtered out, but filtering water in the showerhead is problematic, as Carbon filters, which normally are excellent chlorine removers, cannot handle the volume, pressure and heat of shower/bath water, therefor we offer the filtration process in an independent filter from the shower head.
- An added benefit of the showerhead itself, is the water saving aspect. Conventional showerheads uses between 15-20Litres of water per minute. With your Vit C showerhead you will only use 6litres per minute while showering!
- Our filter has 12 stages of filtration and do not contain Active Carbon, as heat destroys the activity of this filtering stage.
- Vitamin C dechlorinates and neutralizes up to 99.8% of free chlorine and chloramines in the water and is found in the shower head.
- With Vitamin C shower and bath, we now have the ability to neutralize these harmful substances and soften the water thereby leaving the skin and hair barriers protected, with no possibility of chemically induced allergies.
Full menopause occurs most frequently between the ages of 45 and 55. Once you have not had a period for 12 months, you are considered to have reached menopause. While perimenopause gradually eases (although sometimes it doesn’t seem easy!) you into menopause, in some cases it arrives abruptly with few symptoms. Women who have had hysterectomies without hormone replacement therapy may suddenly enter menopause post-surgically, and may experience more drastic symptoms due to sudden changes in hormonal levels. All of the same symptoms that occur in perimenopause may also plague you after your period has ceased. Further, due the significant decrease in estrogen occurring after menopause, women are more likely to develop osteoporosis and loss of bone density.
Controlling Symptoms of Menopause
Ready to find ways to naturally control your menopause symptoms? Let’s take a look at them one by one.
- Hot flushes: While many women think hot flushes are inevitable, there are things you can do to control them! A number of things can trigger hot flushes, including stress, alcohol, spicy foods, caffeine, medication, hot showers, and smoking, among others. Keep a journal and record your triggers, and then seek to avoid them. Eliminate caffeine, stop smoking, and minimize any unnecessary medications. Get on that rooibos or herbal tea, and give up the coffee! Keep rooms on the cool side and dress in layers you can peel off quickly if you find yourself becoming too warm. Wear light, natural fabrics and keep some water on hand for hydration. Minimize stress by practicing yoga or meditating.
- Insomnia: Since insomnia is frequently caused by hot flushes or night sweats during menopause, your room environment is important. Keep the temperature on the cool side and sleep under cotton sheets and light, natural fabric blankets. Don’t eat before bedtime, and eat a healthy, plant-based diet during the day. Avoid stimulants like caffeine or smoking. Relax before bedtime by meditating or performing gentle stretches, and avoid taking a hot bath or shower, or drinking a hot beverage before bed.
- Irritability and moodiness: One of the best remedies for mood swings is exercise! Get outside and take a brisk 20-minute walk, or practice yoga daily. You can also center yourself through meditation. Also, try to always make a post workout snack to stop yourself from eating a larger meal. Caffeine, medication, and smoking can contribute to mood swings, so avoid them at all costs. Support your body nutritionally by eating a healthy plant-based diet, and get plenty of sleep. Chlorophyll from eating a lot of greens is a great mood stabilizer. Be sure to take time for yourself, as well. You may also want to try massage or acupuncture, which can help to re-balance your energy.
- Libido changes: Hormonal fluctuations, lack of sleep, stress, and even concern about aging can lead to changes in libido during menopause and perimenopause. Get plenty of sleep and engage in stress reduction activities like exercise, yoga, meditation, and “me time.” Energy medicine like acupuncture, reiki, and massage can also help rebalance your natural energy and increase your sex drive. You may also wish to consider eating natural aphrodisiac foods such as cinnamon and chocolate. Most importantly, spend positive time with your partner just enjoying one another’s company as often as possible so you can reconnect and remember why you fell in love in the first place.
- Vaginal dryness: The simplest solution for vaginal dryness is to boost water intake. Switch to natural self-care products like soaps and powders that are free of drying chemicals like alcohol. Avoid alcoholic beverages and caffeine, which can be dehydrating. Add omega-3 fats to your diet, as well. If you still experience vaginal dryness after making these changes, try a natural personal lubricant like coconut oil. I don’t recommend petroleum-based ones.
- Urinary incontinence: If you are experiencing urine leakage, you can strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to prevent this. Practice Kegel exercises three times per day by tightening the same muscle you use to stop your flow of urine.
You can control your menopausal symptoms with simple, natural dietary and overall lifestyle changes. By doing so, you will make the transition into your next phase of life comfortably and gracefully.
PRODUCTS FOR MENOPAUSAL SYMPTOMS IN OUR STORE.
MENO SCRIPT – MEDFORD
MENOSAN – HIMALAYA
BOTANICAL FEMALE COMPLEX – SOLGAR
INTIMATE PERSONAL LUBRICANT – NATURE FRESH