We might not have words like “Earth”, “Nature” or “Enviro” in our name, but we think we are one of the most environmentally friendly skin care companies around. All consumption has an impact, but we make the best choices we can, with the environment in mind. Here are a few things we do to minimise our impact on the environment:
- Most of our creams are made in Queensland’s first carbon neutral facility that uses solar power and recycles its own water. Our packing boxes and brochures are made from recycled materials and are completely recyclable. We use non-laminated boxes for our packaging so they can be recycled too.
- Our bottles and tubes are recyclable – personal care products aren’t suited to recycled plastic but ours can be recycled.
- We do not offer refill pouches of our products as they are not easily recycled, therefore defeating the purpose of offering them.
- Instead of bubble wrap or those annoying Styrofoam balls, we reuse old cardboard that is put through a special shredding machine to safely pack our shop and customer orders.
- We use glucose and coconut based ingredients in our wash products because they break down into their natural components in the water system (silicone does not).
- Ingredients we don’t use because they are bad for the environment include SLS, silicones, Parabens, Palm Oil, and so many more your eyes would glaze over.
- Our warehouse and head office building is completely solar-powered.
- We choose natural oils that only come from sustainable farms.
- We are made in locally Australia, reducing our carbon footprint. Did you know 70% of Australia’s person care products arrives here on ships from overseas? Shop local!
Could we do it better? Probably, and we’re most definitely open to suggestions. If you have one, please let us know so we can improve.